Would you like a single serving chocolate cake you can make in the microwave in less than 10 minutes? This is as close to fresh chocolate cake on demand as it gets! The recipe is below.
• 2 tbsp (15g) whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free* flour (measured like this)
• 2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder (measured like this)
• ⅛ tsp baking powder
• 1/16 tsp salt
• ¼ tsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
• 1 tbsp (15g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp (15mL) nonfat milk
• 2 ½ tsp pure maple syrup
• ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Coat a 1-cup ramekin or small coffee mug with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, Greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.* Gradually stir in the flour mixture about 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared ramekin or mug. Microwave on 30% power for 2 minutes 30 seconds (2:30). Let the cake cool for at least 2 minutes before eating.